Thursday, January 28, 2016

La abuelita y la nieta



Two weeks ago I posted la casa de la abuelita, indicating that I had always loved the casa and wondered about the woman I had seen here years ago and again during this vacation.  After some inquiries and a lucky snap of the grandmother and her granddaughter, I learned that la abuelita lives in la casa that has been in her family for generations,  and she is well-loved by her neighbours. Because it is such prime real estate in the Plaza Machado, she has had many lucrative offers to sell her home, but she has steadfastly refused. One of the shopkeepers has promised to introduce her to me before I leave for home. I am anxious to greet her formally at her casa with its beautiful outdoor garden.

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

What a sweet photos of the two.

Sharon said...

What a wonderful photo of the two. I hope you get to meet her.

William Kendall said...

Lovely shots of these two!

Bill said...

Such a nice photo of the two.

TexWisGirl said...

so cute.

Cynthia said...

Wonderful photos, Kate!

Janey and Co. said...

Oh, can't wait. She looks like a very nice lady....and we all know you are.

Lowell said...

Best wishes as you continue to make such nice friends in your winter home!

Kay said...

I do hope you get to meet her and that there aren't any language barriers!

Nathalie H.D. said...


The grandmother-granddaugther shot is very sweet. Has the abuela had a chance to see it yet?

What a wonderful opportunity if you get to meet this sweet lady.