Thursday, January 14, 2016

La Casa de la Abuelita


Several years ago I noticed an elderly woman sweeping this patio.  To my delight during my vacation I saw the same woman here in this same spot. The casa is located in the Plaza Machado, which can get very noisy and chaotic at times and during week-end evenings plus it is surrounded by a live theatre and many restaurants. It must be quite soundproof.  I need to find out a bit more about this casa and the woman; these are the times when I suffer from my limited Spanish vocabulary.

7 comments:

Janey and Co. said...

Oh darn Kate...I was hoping that you would take us inside. Sounds like the sweeping is keeping her young.

Sharon said...

It's such a pretty place.

William Kendall said...

I like those rocking chairs.

TexWisGirl said...

sweet scene!

biebkriebels said...

Looks very nice to rock their on the patio. I can't hear the noise here...

EG CameraGirl said...

Maybe she speaks a little English so you can bot try to understand each other. ;)

Kay said...

It looks so quiet and peaceful. Perhaps she's hard of hearing...or simply enjoys the sounds of life around her.